Lego Batman 2 DC Super Heroes retained the top spot on the UK all formats chart during the week ended July 7.
Holding off competition from London 2012: The Official Video Game and The Amazing Spider-Man, it was the third week in a row the Lego title has secured the No.1 position.
Spec Ops: The Line dropped from No.3 to No.4, ahead of the week's highest new entry, Dead Island: Game of the Year Edition, which includes all additional content previously only available as DLC. Dead Island was the second biggest new IP of 2011 in the UK, behind Rockstar's LA Noire.
Modern Warfare 3 jumped 26 places to No.8 thanks to retail price promotional activity, Chart-Track reports. It has now been a top ten title for 30 of 35 weeks since launching last November, and is currently the fifth all-time highest unit seller in the UK and third in terms of revenue (behind Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2).
Square Enix's Theatrhythm Final Fantasy for 3DS was a new entry at No.19, as was EA's PC MMO The Secret World at No.38.
GfK/Chart-Track Top 10 (week ended July 7):
- Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner)
- London 2012: The official Video Game (Sega)
- The Amazing Spider-Man (Activision)
- Spec Ops: The Line (Take-Two)
- Dead Island GOTY Edition (Koch Media)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
- FIFA 12 (EA)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
- Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Ubisoft)
- FIFA Street (EA)
Leisure software charts compiled by Chart Track, (C)2012 UKIE Ltd