DICE has revealed a selection of "key features" for Battlefield 3's upcoming Armored Kill DLC.
Set for release in September, the DLC promises to "up the ante for vehicular mayhem".
It will feature new drivable tanks, ATVs and mobile artillery, plus "huge battlefields", including the biggest map in Battlefield history.
The game's recently updated website describes the following as key features:
- All-out vehicle warfare on four new maps
- Includes the biggest map in Battlefield history
- New vehicles, including tanks, ATV's, and mobile artillery
- Bring back five new vehicle unlocks to the base game
- Earn 20+ unlocks for the new vechicles in Armored Kill
- New Tank Superiority game mode
- All maps playable with all six game modes
PS3 Battlefield 3 Premium members will get access to the content first, followed by Xbox 360 and PC Premium members, followed by regular PS3 players, and then the rest. Launched last month, Battlefield 3 Premium picked up 800,000 paid users in its first two weeks of availability.
Armored Kill is the third of five planned Battlefield 3 expansions. It follows Back to Karkand and Close Quarters, and precedes Aftermath (December 2012) and End Game (March 2013).