Robot Entertainment has detailed the Team Fortress 2 content being added to the PC version to its turn-based strategy, Hero Academy.
Included in the Steam release is a new heroic team based on the TF2 classes along with an avatar, which can be used in the Hero Academy profile.
The content will also include a new playing field inspired by the TF2 capture-the-flag map Well. Additionally, each of the previously released heroic expansion teams that PC players purchase will unlock a unique cosmetic item in Team Fortress 2 inspired by a member of that team.
Robot has also provided a breakdown of what the Team Fortress 2 Heroic Team members can do:
"From a distant land and time beyond the Clouds of Vapor, the Team Fortress heroes have taken the Hero Academy field by storm. With a wide variety of heroes and flexible advanced weaponry, they have an answer for any situation and an aggressive playstyle."
Team Bonus: Relentless Action - Stomping enemies grants an action point.
- Spy - A cloaked unit who cannot be targeted at range. The Spy deals massive damage when attacking an enemy from behind.
- Scout - A fast-moving recon hero; Players gain an AP when deploying the Scout. The Scout automatically hops backwards when hit by an opponent.
- Sniper - The Sniper can target enemies anywhere in his row. At the end of your turn, the Sniper crouches. If he remains unscathed until your next turn, the Sniper gains increased power on his next shot.
- Medic - The Medic heals and revives allies; He can link to a full-health ally to increase their power.
- Engineer - A defensive hero with a basic ranged attack. The Engineer can upgrade allies' weapons.
- Heavy - The Heavy does AOE attack at range. Every successive attack deals more damage as his minigun spins up.
- Pyro - He does full damage to two enemies in a row; The Pyro's attack can hit cloaked Spies.
- Demoman - The Demoman lobs grenades that do AOE damage. He does bonus damage when attacking crystals.
- Soldier - The Soldier is a ranged hero. He uses powerful rockets to knock enemy units back.
Robot Entertainment has previously confirmed the Hero Academy PC release date as August 8th, 2012.