F1 2012 reviews have gone live, with the Codies racer receiving overwhelmingly favourable scores from the gaming press.
CVG's F1 2012 review summarises: "Now, the game not only looks like F1, finally it moves like real F1. There's not much greater praise you can give an F1 game than that."
See the full round-up below.
- CVG: 8.1 - "New modes and challenges will open up F1 2012 to a wider audience, but the strong underlying mechanics will still satisfy hardcore drivers."
- OXM UK: 9/10 - "Toss in some of the sweetest car and track visuals the genre's ever seen, and you've got one of the Xbox's most engrossing racing experiences."
- IGN: 9/10 - "Equal parts simulation and re-creation of the real world events, Codemasters Birmingham has done a magnificent job of capturing the precision of the vehicles and the excitement of individual events."
- Eurogamer: 7/10 - "F1 2012 is a good game, but it's some way off from being the classic it could be."
- Videogamer: 8/10 - "Codemasters has given the curse of yearly development cycles a boot to the face, and it continues to deliver in style."
- Xbox360Achievements: 90 - "F1 2012 is the best Formula One game Codies has made to date, welcoming newcomers with open arms, while refusing to dial down the realism for the established fans. A tough balancing act that F1 2012 pulls off with aplomb."
- Digital Spy: 4/5 - "Just like EA Sports with FIFA, Codemasters has learnt to build on the positive aspects of past games, while also bringing on new ideas."