The PS3 version of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 debuted at No.1 on the Japanese software chart during the week ended September 16.
It was a busy week for new releases, which took six of the top ten spots on the chart, according to Media Create sales data posted on NeoGAF.
On the hardware front 3DS continued to comfortably lead the chasing pack, once again outselling every other system combined.
Weekly software sales (life to date)
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3, Bandai Namco) - 62,630 / New
- Medarot 7: Kabuto / Kuwagata (3DS, Rocket Company) - 49,519 / New
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS, Nintendo) - 36,245 / 1,113,157
- Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone (3DS, Nintendo) - 35,910 / New
- Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 2nd (3DS, Koei Tecmo) - 33,933 / New
- Pokemon Black & White 2 (DS, Pokemon Co.) - 18,266 / 2,747,458
- Accel World: Ginyoku no Kakusei # (PS3, Bandai Namco) - 17,677 / New
- Accel World: Ginyoku no Kakusei # (PSP, Bandai Namco) - 15,228 / New
- Tousouchuu: Shijou Saikyou no Hunter-Tachi Kara Nigekire! (3DS, Bandai Namco) - 13,925 / 136,924
- Dragon Quest X Online (Wii, Square Enix) - 9,780 / 548,326
Weekly hardware sales (previous week)
- 3DS: 60,903 (64,159)
- PS3: 13,903 (11,813)
- Vita: 10,858 (14,106)
- PSP: 9,069 (9,065)
- Wii: 6,019 (6,958)
- PS2: 1,120 (1,078)
- DSi 1,073 (1,269)
- Xbox 360: 739 (815)