Bravely Default: Flying Fairy debuted at No.1 on the Japanese software chart for the week ended October 14.
The 3DS exclusive Square Enix RPG outsold the previous week's best-seller Resident Evil 6 by 50,000 sales, while fellow RPGs Project X Zone and Toki to Towa were new entries at No.3 and No.5 respectively, as was the PS3 version of Rocksmith at No.10.
Bravely Default: Flying Fairy also helped boost sales of Nintendo's 3DS, which was the only platform bar PS2 to record a weekly increase, according to Media Create data published on Gematsu.
Software sales October 8-14 (lifetime total)
- Bravely Default: Flying Fairy (3DS, Square Enix) - 141,529 (New)
- Resident Evil 6 (PS3, Capcom) - 92,921 (727,854)
- Project X Zone (3DS, Namco Bandai) - 85,539 (New)
- World Soccer: Winning Eleven 2012 (PS3, Konami) - 50,144 (274,028)
- Toki to Towa (PS3, Namco Bandai) - 32,215 (New)
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS, Nintendo) - 29,651 (1,246,707)
- Wagamama Fashion Girls Mode (3DS, Nintendo) - 22,195 (122,391)
- Run For Money: Flee From the Strongest Hunters in History (3DS, Namco Bandai) - 18,458 (190,370)
- Rocksmith (PS3, Ubisoft) - 13,964 (New)
Weekly hardware sales (previous week)
- 3DS - 79,300 (63,669)
- PS3 - 26,312 (42,218)
- PSP - 15,585 (17,769)
- Vita - 6,134 (7,957)
- Wii - 4,476 (4,849)
- Xbox 360 - 2,400 (4,894)
- PS2 - 911 (894)
- DSi - 537 (674)