to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG
News

Far Cry 3: Ubisoft unconcerned by Black Ops 2 competition

Firm thinks it's "in a comfortable spot", game's delay was the right decision

Ubisoft says it's feeling confident about Far Cry 3's potential, despite the fact the delayed FPS is due to launch shortly after Medal of Honor: Warfighter, Halo 4 and Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.

Zoom

Far Cry 3 was originally set to launch in early September, but in June Ubisoft announced that the Far Cry 3 release date had been pushed back by almost three months to November 30 in the UK.

"Far Cry has always been a little bit off the map in terms of the offer that it gives," Ubisoft brand manager Henri Guay told MCV.

"People are going to continue to play Call of Duty and people are going to look for experiences that give them something a little bit different. We feel we're in a comfortable spot."

Hay also said that delaying the game was the right decision. "Far Cry 3 is a big game and there's an expectation. We wanted to make it as great as it absolutely can be. There were a couple of things we were talking about cutting from the game that I just couldn't bear to take away from the consumer. So the reality is that we have made a very strategic choice."

In a new multiplayer focused Far Cry 3 interview, creative director Magnus Jensen has also told CVG that there's more than enough substance in the game to place it on level ground with the competition.

Loading video...

More game videos from CVG:

Comments