Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 was the best-selling game in Japan during the week ended November 25, but it couldn't shift Animal Crossing: New Leaf from the top of the chart.
The PS3 version of Black Ops 2 debuted at No.2 on the chart and the Xbox 360 edition at No.6 with combined sales of almost 220,000 copies, about 6,000 units more than 3DS exclusive Animal Crossing achieved last week to help it clear one million lifetime sales.
Other new chart entries included Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Dungeon at No.3 and Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational at No.4.
On the hardware front, 3DS remained the clear leader with 162,000 units sold, while sales of the second-placed PS3 doubled from the previous week to 34,000, according to Media Create sales data republished on NeoGAF.
Software sales November 19-25 (lifetime total)
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS, Nintendo) - 213,414 / 1.106.758
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - Subtitled Edition (Square Enix) - 197,350 / New
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Dungeon (3DS, Pokemon Co.) - 121,480 / New
- Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (PS3, Sony) - 100,862 / New
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS, Nintendo) - 34,971 / 1.420,184
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - Subtitled Edition (360, Square Enix) - 22,177 / New
- E.X. Troopers (3DS, Capcom) - 17,402 / New
- Assassin's Creed 3 (PS3, Ubisoft) - 16,379 / 88.883
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Best Price!) (3DS, Capcom) - 11,369 / 24,604
- Dangerous Ji-San to 1000-nin no Otomodachi Yokoshima (3DS, Bandai Namco Games) - 10,452 / New
Weekly hardware sales (previous week)
- 3DS - 162,077 (168,876)
- PS3 - 34,167 (17,035)
- PSP - 16,903 (12,217)
- Vita - 9,712 (13,091)
- Wii - 3,590 (3,001)
- Xbox 360 - 1,495 (2,063)
- PS2 - 747 (723)
- DSi - 452 (353)