Ubisoft has detailed a day-one Far Cry 3 patch for the PC version of the shooter sequel.
Version 1.01 is described by the publisher as a "critical update that needs to be installed in order to benefit from an optimal game experience".
The install should automatically be triggered upon Uplay PC client restart or installation, but Ubisoft says: "If your Far Cry 3 PC game crashes upon launch, please restart the Uplay PC client and try again."
Here's what the patch fixes:
- Improved overall Multiplayer stability and performance.
- Added SHOW TOP, SHOW YOU, PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN options in Leaderboards.
- Fix the voice chat issue that would mute players by default.
- Lobby chat can now be accessed when a controller is connected.
- Fixed graphical issues on loading screen hints.
- Fixed the issue that would prevent maps from being displayed or randomized the first time a user enters Public Co-op.
- Health regeneration option no longer has inverted functionality.
- "Flare gun" kills are no longer considered as Assist kills.
- Fixed ground texture resolution.
- Grass surrounding fire spawns no longer remain red on Firestorm maps.
- Improved white objects thumbnails legibility.
- Users can now start a private match in 1 player on user created maps.
- Improved game stability and performance.
- Fixed issues with flickering on specific water textures.
- Fixed small UI glitches related to different display resolutions.
- "Weapon cache" mission: Mission Zone and Mission Marker no longer stays on mini-map and on screen after mission completion.
- Crafting items are now auto selected when entering a new crafting category.
- Added sound when zooming in and out the camera with the mouse scroll button.
Our Far Cry 3 review called the shooter "one of this year's best games" and "an experience you have to sink your (bloody) teeth into".