Ubisoft has released a new Far Cry 3 patch for the PC version of the game.
Among other things, PC patch 1.02 should improve stability, team balancing and matchmaking, and fix issues where players fall through the world and the map editor crashes at launch.
To download the patch, all you have to do is restart the game. Here are the full notes:
- Fixed some issues with user created maps when more than 8 players were playing them.
- Improved matchmaking for both Multiplayer and Co-op modes.
- Improved team balancing when playing in party.
- Fixed issues with Live balancing patch system.
- Fix for the Map Editor crash at launch when the PC user contains language-specific characters.
Single player fixes:
- Fixed issue where players fall through the world when not connected to the Ubisoft servers.
- Fixed the "View Leaderboard" and "Start Trial" buttons in the World Map.
- Improved stability when quitting to desktop.
- Fixed issue with leaderboards.
We described Ubisoft's shooter as "one of this year's best" in our Far Cry 3 review.