Capcom has launched a free Resident Evil 6 title update which introduces a number of features requested by players.
These include new camera and subtitle options, the previously revealed Ada Wong co-op option and the 'No Hope' difficulty level.
Here's a full rundown of the Xbox 360 and PS3 update's additions and improvements:
- Gamers will be able to adjust the camera to give a greater field of view as best suits their play style. The camera screenshot pairs show the minimum and maximum range of the new camera setting. Please note that this feature is still in development and may change without further notice before the title update is released
- Ada Wong's campaign will be unlocked from the start and have an optional player-controlled co-op partner added. It was previously necessary to complete all three other campaigns in order to unlock Ada's story
- 'No Hope' difficulty level will be added above the existing levels, for players who want an extreme challenge
A separate title update due for release on January 22 will make the following adjustments:
- Agent Hunt mode unlocked from the start
- Agent Hunt selectable criteria before starting match (stage, region, settings like infinite ammo or friendly fire)
- Stage selection within chapters
Capcom will launch the first major post-launch Resident Evil 6 DLC on Xbox 360 later this week. The timed exclusive content features three new modes: Survivors, Predator and Siege.