Nintendo 3DS game release dates
- Tokyo Crash Mobs (eShop) (Nintendo) - 17 Jan (UK), TBC (US)
- Picross e2 (eShop) (Jupiter) - Jan TBC (UK), TBC (US)
- Scribblenauts Unlimited (Nintendo) - 8 Feb (UK), out now (US)
- Wreck-It Ralph (Activision) - 8 Feb (UK), out now (US)
- Super Black Bass 3D (Rising Star) - 15 Feb (UK), TBC (US)
- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked (Ghostlight) - 22 Feb (UK), out now (US)
- Viking Invasion 2 - Tower Defence (Bigben) - 22 Feb (UK), TBC (US)
- Crash City Mayhem (Ghostlight) - 22 Feb (UK), TBC (US)
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - Feb TBC (UK), 12 Feb (US)
- Pet Zombies (505 Games) - Feb TBC (UK), TBC (US)
PlayStation Vita game release dates
- Retro City Rampage (PSN) (Vblank) - 16 Jan (UK), out now (US)
- Persona 4 Golden (NIS America) - 22 Feb (UK), out now (US)
- History Legends Of War (PQube) - 22 Feb (UK), out now (US)
One of the tragedies of gaming is that not everyone has played Picross. A cult favourite among Nintendo puzzle fans, Picross is what Sudoku would be if it was actually entertaining. Using numerical clues you have to fill in squares - if you fill them all in correctly you'll have created a piece of pixel art. The first Picross e game is currently available on the 3DS eShop, so get on that now because it's a perfect introduction to the series. The second game will be out later this month.
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked
First released in 2009, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor is old news to gamers in Japan and the US. It was never released in the UK however, meaning this 3DS remake may be the first time many RPG fans will get to play it. This tactical RPG is incredibly deep with an engrossing storyline, and its six alternative endings will ensure that there's plenty of replay value. Besides, it's about saving modern-day Tokyo from demons, so if that's not enough to interest you we don't know what is.
Persona 4 Golden
January and February are fairly barren months for Vita owners - something they'll sadly be getting used to by now - but there's at least one release to look forward to in the form of Persona 4 Golden. A remake of the PS2 game released back in 2009, Persona 4 Golden is the story of a high school student who moves to a rural Japanese town and becomes involved in investigating murders. With a solid RPG battle system and some interesting themes (it was praised for being one of the first games to feature a character struggling to come to terms with their sexual orientation), it's a game that's not to be missed.