Konami is offering avid Metal Gear fans the chance to play new game Rising early... by hosting a Metal Gear party.
The publisher will give 250 people in the UK their pre-ordered copy a week before its public release, and the opportunity to meet series creator Hideo Kojima.
To score an early copy of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and some face time with Kojima all entrants need to do is hold a Metal Gear party on Saturday, February 16.
250 party hosts will be chosen at random and each will get their pre-ordered game along with custom wristbands, t-shirts and posters, plus "a plethora of bespoke party props".
A minimum of nine guests are required to qualify as a host. The winning host and the nine friends will then be invited to meet Kojima. To qualify for this he or she must send in photos or videos of the party showing off the party pack goodies and 9 friends.
Here's the full details on what you'll need to do:
- Pre order Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance from ShopTo.net
- Apply to host a Metal Gear Rising party by filling out the form on this page
- We'll pick and email 250 lucky party hosts
- Those lucky 250 need to invite at least 9 guests through a unique link we'll send you**
- If you invite 9 guests, we'll send you a free Metal Gear Rising party pack. Shop To will send you your pre-ordered game separately
- Have your Metal Gear Rising party on Saturday 16 February***
- Send in photos & videos of your Metal Gear Rising party for a chance to win some stunning Metal Gear prizes
- Answer (and ask your guests to answer) a few online questions at the end
- Talk, talk, talk about Metal Gear Rising and your party****
Konami has confirmed the Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance demo will be playable from January 22 as a demo on both Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network.