This week's Media Create Japanese sales chart echoes the final weekly Japanese chart of 2012, with Nintendo dominating both the software and hardware chart.
Topping the software sales chart is Animal Crossing: New Leaf, with New Super Mario Bros. 2 at No.2. Capcom's Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate follows at, with Run For Money: Flee From the Strongest Hunters in History, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Inazuma Eleven Go 2: Chrono Stone Reimei / Neppuu rounding off the top 5.
On the hardware chart the Nintendo 3DS sits comfortably at No.1 with 156,184 units sold. It's followed by the Wii U, which shifted 308,142 units, and the PS3, which managed 50,216.
Software Sales Jan 7-13 (lifetime total)
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS Nintendo) - 83,220 (2,186,309)
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS Nintendo) - 21,784 (1,855,840)
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3DS Capcom) - 14,809 (170,410)
- Run For Money: Flee From the Strongest Hunters in History (3DS Namco Bandai) - 14,602 (387,698)
- Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS Nintendo) - 14,472 (484,867)
- Inazuma Eleven Go 2: Chrono Stone Reimei / Neppuu (3DS Level-5) - 13,834 (379,369)
- Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 (PS3 Tecmo Koei) - 13,289 (207,446)
- New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U Nintendo) - 12,400 (432,110)
- Nintendo Land (Wii U Nintendo) - 11,703 (262,176)
- Taiko Drum Master: Chibi Dragon and the Mysterious Orb (3DS Namco Bandai) - 10,014 (385,076)
Hardware Sales (last week's sales)
- 3DS LL - 56,377 (156,184)
- 3DS - 36,284 (123,075)
- PlayStation 3 - 22,991 (64,352)
- Wii U - 20,715 (67,083)
- PSP - 17,069 (54,873)
- PlayStation Vita - 11,088 (33,309)
- Wii - 1,873 (5,632)
- Xbox 360 - 921 (1,893)