DmC: Devil May Cry has ended FIFA 13's run at the top of the UK all formats chart.
The Ninja Theory developed series reboot, which we praised in our DmC Devil May Cry review, is Capcom's first all formats No.1 since 2009's Resident Evil 5.
That's despite the new release selling just over a third of what Devil May Cry 4 did at launch when it also hit the top spot in week six of 2008, according to retail monitor Chart-Track.
FIFA 13, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Far Cry 3 and Need for Speed: Most Wanted rounded off the chart top five during the week ended January 19.
GfK/Chart-Track Top 10):
- DmC Devil May Cry (Capcom)
- FIFA 13 (EA)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (Activision)
- Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
- Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
- Football Manager 2013 (Sega)
- Hitman Absolution (Square Enix)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
- Assassin's Creed 3 (Ubisoft)