Following its earlier EU announcements, Naughty Dog has revealed its plans for special edition versions of The Last of US in North America.
US gamers will have the choice of two special editions that differ from those offered in EU. The Survival Edition retails for $79.99 and will be sold at 'participating retailers'.
- The Art of The Last of Us: A full-sized 170-page hardcover art book from Dark Horse.
- The Last of Us: American Dreams #1: The first issue in a series of comic books that dives deeper into Ellie's backstory, by Dark Horse.
- The Steelbook edition of the game: Showcasing artwork of Ellie on one side and Joel on the other side of the cover.
- The 'Sights & Sounds DLC pack': Includes the Official Game Soundtrack, a PS3 Dynamic Theme and PSN Avatars Winter Joel & Ellie.
Alternatively, the $159.99 'Post-Pandemic Edition' of the game will only be available at GameStop and includes:
- The Steelbook edition of the game
- The Last of Us: American Dreams issue 1
- A 12" Premium Statue of Joel and Ellie by Project Triforce
- DLC packs; the 'Sights & Sounds DLC Pack' and the 'Survival DLC Pack'. The Survival DLC Pack includes Multiplayer Bonuses including bonus XP, a Melee Booster, in-game currency and customisable character items, and bonus Joel and Ellie skins unlocked by completing the single-player campaign.
The Last of Us release date is set for May 7.