Dragon's Dogma expansion Dark Arisen will release on PS3 and Xbox 360 on April 23 in North America and April 26 across Europe.
Announced last September by publisher Capcom, Dark Arisen is described as a "major expansion" for the action RPG and is set to release in both physical and digital form for €29.99/£19.99.
PlayStation 3 will see both a digital and boxed release on day one, but Xbox 360 owners will have to wait until the summer for the download version.
Dark Arisen will include all of the original game's content plus a "massive" new realm, 25 new enemies, raised level skills, improved travel and menus, plus 100 pieces of new equipment, among other additions.
Owners of the original Dragon's Dogma will be able to export their existing characters and all other saved data, while new players can start from the very beginning before tackling the new content.
Furthermore, owners of the original Dragon's Dogma will receive 100,000 Rift Crystals, unlimited Ferrystones and the Gransys Armour Pack consisting of six brand new costumes.
New content includes:
- New underground realm to explore featuring over 25 new enemies
- More skills/equipment/augments:
- Level 3 Skills
- DD:DA provides each character class with a new tier of skills, giving players new devastating abilities and skills to master
- Over 100 pieces of new equipment
- All new high level weapons and armor sets for players venturing into the underground caverns.
- 14 new character/Pawn augments
- New tiers of equipment enhancement
- Increased character customisation options
- Item appraisal
- Option to select Japanese voice over