Every day, CVG Australia rounds up the news you missed while you were tucked away in bed.
According to a Warner Bros financial meeting last week, a new installment in the Batman Arkham series will release in 2013 - though reports suggest Rocksteady will not be developing the title.
Meanwhile, a furore erupted overnight concerning a rumor that Gearbox - the developers of the critically-panned Aliens: Colonial Marines (read our review here) - had outsourced the single player component of the game to another studio. Publisher Sega has since dismissed the rumor as "absolutely not true".
All the news:
- Next-gen: EA hints at phone/tablet integration, backwards-compatibility 'unlikely'
- Aliens 'absolutely not' outsourced to TimeGate - Sega
- Bungie confirms Destiny reveal for February 17
- Black Ops 2 Revolution DLC dated for PS3, PC
- 90s Arcade Racer set for Wii U with help from Nicalis
- God of War: Ascension dev diary brings Kratos to life
- Xbox Live DLC release schedule: Assassin's Creed 3: The Infamy
- Rayman creator and dev team protest Legends delay
- Disney Infinity: new Monsters University screenshots
- Official Pokemon TV app released on iOS
- Skylanders surpasses $1 billion in sales
- All HMV Ireland stores to close
- Batman: Arkham 3 to release in 2013, Warner confirms
- GamesAid announces UK comedy fundraiser
- Minecraft: Pi Edition out now for free
- The Last of Us: retailers suggest possible 6 week delay
- Tank! Tank! Tank! goes free-to-play on Wii U
- Star Trek 'Salvation Trailer'
- Apple reportedly testing curved glass smartwatch
- New Xbox Entertainment Studios wants to 'pioneer the future of TV'
- Aliens: Gearbox 'only made multiplayer', alleged ex-employee claims
- New Pokemon revealed for Pokemon X and Y
- EA turned down consultancy from the man who shot Bin Laden
- BAFTA 2013: Nominations pour in for The Walking Dead, Journey
- Aliens: Colonial Marines review round-up