Every day, CVG Australia rounds up the news you missed while you were tucked away in bed.
Following yesterday's PlayStation 4 unveiling, new details have continued to trickle through regarding the console, most notably that it will not block pre-owned games as feared. Meanwhile, Sony has confirmed that in addition to the absence of backwards compatibility, digitally purchased games will also not work on the new console.
The Witcher 3 - revealed earlier this month - has been confirmed for the PS4 platform, as expected.
All the news:
- EA layoffs hit LA, Montreal and 'smaller locations'
- SCEE cagey over EU PS4 launch plans
- No Vita price drop for North America, says Sony
- PS4 supports 4K, but not for games
- Mass Effect 3 Citadel DLC revealed: 'one final send-off for Shepard'
- Purchased PSN games can't be transferred to PS4, Sony admits
- PS4: Diablo 3 - first screenshots
- Zelda: Oracle Of Ages / Seasons coming to 3DS Virtual Console
- Watch the entire PlayStation 4 presentation again
- Monster Hunter 4 - new 3DS trailer is live
- BioShock Infinite DLC season pass announced
- PlayStation 4 facts - everything you need to know
- Witcher 3 confirmed for PS4
- PS4 'will not demand always-online connection'
- PS4: Every video of all the games
- PlayStation 4 - All the news in one place
- The Witness: screenshot gallery
- InFAMOUS Second Son screenshot gallery
- UK PS4 pre-orders begin - retailer expects £400 RRP
- PS4 will not block pre-owned, Sony exec confirms