Every day, CVG Australia rounds up the news you missed while you were tucked away in bed.
The biggest news overnight came via EA. The publisher's CFO announced that all EA titles going forward will contain microtransactions - presumably in the vein of Dead Space 3's resource store. "Consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business," the executive claimed.
Meanwhile, it's expected that EA will partner with Microsoft for the next-gen Xbox in the form of an add-on content deal. This mirrors the relationship between Activision and Sony on exclusive Destiny content.
All the news:
- Light Blue, Gloss Pink 3DS colours bound for Japan
- WoW: Mists of Pandaria Patch 5.2 'The Thunder King' trailer
- Splinter Cell: Blacklist Wii U version tipped by dev CVs
- Assassin's Creed 4: 'Leaked' world map tips Caribbean setting
- 'Long term plans' in place for Uncharted 3 MP content, says game director
- PS4: Guerrilla helped Sony 'build a great controller for an FPS'
- Remember Me dated with trailer
- Insomniac Games trademarks Sunset Overdrive
- Tomb Raider: 'Reborn' trailer
- Metal Gear Rising Revengeance tops Japanese chart
- All future EA games 'will include microtransactions', exec claims
- God of War HD now free to PS Plus subscribers
- Killzone Shadow Fall story trailer
- Sony discounts LittleBigPlanet games and content on PSN
- Arma 3 alpha begins early March for pre-order customers
- Wii Mini price: UK retailers start at £80
- PSN Gamers' Choice Awards winners announced and discounted
- More key Vita projects underway at Ubisoft, CEO assures
- Skyrim DLC Dawnguard hits PS3 in Europe today with 50% discount
- Microsoft to reveal EA partnership at Next Xbox event
- PS All-Stars DLC adds Dead Space, God of War characters