Sales we up from 11,500 units the previous week to 62,500, but the total still fell short of the 77,500 3DS units snapped up by consumers.
Elsewhere, the original PSP outsold Wii U as total weekly hardware sales were lifted by new game releases.
Dynasty Warriors 8 for PS3 came in at No.1, ahead of fellow chart debutant Professor Layton and the Legacy of Civilization A for 3DS. Eight new titles made the weekly top ten, according to Media Create data published on NeoGAF.
Hardware sales (previous week's total)
- 3DS - 77.439 (74.729)
- Vita - 62.543 (11.456)
- PS3 - 25.725 (18.529)
- PSP - 11.171 (8.981)
- Wii U - 10.021 (9.633)
- Wii - 1.383 (1.317)
- Xbox 360 - 486 (473)
- Total - 188.768 (125.118)
Software sales (last week's)
- Dynasty Warriors 8 (PS3, Koei Tecmo) - 203.224 / New
- Professor Layton and the Legacy of Civilization A (3DS, Level 5) - 130.686 / New
- Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus: Otome Shoujotachi no Shoumei (Vita, Marvelous AQL) - 94.324 / New
- Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission (3DS, Bandai Namco) - 88.386 / New
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS, Nintendo) - 73.615 / 2.739.654
- Macross 30: Ginga o Tsunagu Utagoe (PS3, Bandai Namco) - 63.089 / New
- Phantasy Star Online 2: Special Package (Vita, Sega) - 61.227 / New
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3, Konami) - 60.394 / 369.075
- Shining Ark (PSP, Sega) - 54.837 / New
- Dragon Quest VII: Fighters of Eden (3DS, Square Enix) - 46.878 / 1.135.220 (-38%)