Gearbox has confirmed the Ultimate Vault Hunter Pack for Borderlands 2 is available now on Xbox Live, PlayStation Network and PC.
The DLC raises the game's level cap from 50 to 61. Also included is the Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, which becomes playable once the main story missions in True Vault Hunter Mode have been completed and the player reaches level 50.
According to Gearbox, Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode "can be replayed multiple times with players able to reset their overall mission progress at any time from the Main Menu".
The Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack is available for 400 MSP or $4.99. Season pass holders can download it at no additional cost.
New content in UVHM
- Adds new items to the Black Market:
- One additional ammo upgrade for each ammo type, at 50 Eridium each.
- Two more backpack storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
- Two more bank storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
- Increases the maximum amount of Eridium players can hold from 99 to 500.
- Adds a new playthrough balanced for top-tier play: Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
- Various bug fixes
- Raises level cap to 61, allowing characters to gain 11 additional levels.
- Characters gain a skill point with every level from 51 to 61, for a total of 11 more skill points.
- Powerful new "Ancient" E-Tech relics and rare Pearlescent-grade weapons can be picked up in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
Gameplay changes in UVHM
- Enemy health generally increased 4x.
- Enemies now have a moderate amount of health regeneration.
- Increased duration of slag damage multiplier effect.
- Upped the damage that slagged enemies take from 2x to 3x.
- Weapon swap speed increased to better facilitate slag use.
- Enemies now more likely to drop ammo.
- Loot Midgets are now "Legendary Loot Midgets" that can drop Legendary and other top-tier gear.
Gearbox has also announced a sixth playable vault hunter called 'Krieg'. He is based on the game's Psycho enemies and will be available to purchase for $9.99 or 800 Microsoft Points in May.