Released on March 30, the MMORPG features enhanced graphics and support for GamePad-only play, but offers the same basic content as the chart-topping Wii version, which launched in Japan last August and reportedly amassed 300,000 subscribers by the end of the following month.
Dragon Quest X was available as part of a new Wii U hardware bundle and sales of Nintendo's console doubled week-on-week, helping the system leapfrog PS3 on the hardware chart.
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and 3DS continued to lead weekly software and hardware sales respectively, according to Media Create data published on NeoGAF.
Software sales (lifetime total)
- Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS, Nintendo) - 110.840 / 390.991
- Fate/Extra CCC (PSP, Marvelous) - 72.883 / New
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS, Nintendo) - 57.835 / 2.976.228
- One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 (PS3, Bandai Namco) - 56.457 / 331.082
- Muramasa: The Demon Blade (Vita, Marvelous) - 45.660 / New
- Dragon Quest X: Mezameshi Itsutsu no Shuzoku Online (Wii U, Square Enix) - 33.302 / New
- Dungeon Travelers 2: Ouritsu Tokoshan to Mamono no Fuuin (PSP, Aqua Plus) - 31.738 / New
- Pro Baseball Spirits 2013 (PS3, Konami) - 24.864 / 126.254
- Pro Baseball Spirits 2013 (PSP, Konami) - 23.135 / 103.753
- Game & Wario (Wii U, Nintendo) - 22.491 / New
Hardware sales (previous week's total)
- 3DS - 66.980 (76.553)
- Vita - 31.795 (41.073)
- Wii U - 22.942 (11.398)
- PS3 - 19.069 (22.942)
- PSP - 12.594 (12.690)
- Wii - 1.858 (1.720)
- Xbox 360 - 598 (610)
- Total - 155.723 (166.986)