3DS continued to dominate Japanese hardware and software sales during the week ended May 12.
Once again, the portable outsold all rival systems combined, while 3DS games took five of the top ten spots on the software chart.
Tomodachi Collection: New Life was the best-selling title for the fourth consecutive week, while Ecstasy Wafter: Converted Edition was the sole new entry on the top ten at No7, according to Media Create data published on NeoGAF.
Software sales (lifetime total)
- Tomodachi Collection: New Life (3DS, Nintendo) - 103.479 / 862.054
- Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS, Nintendo) - 31.345 / 691.921
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS, Nintendo) - 25.460 / 3.200.859
- Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS3, Capcom) - 13.314 / 169.996
- Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission (3DS, Bandai Namco) - 7.359 / 184.516
- Tomb Raider (PS3, Square Enix) - 5.972 / 54.121
- Ecstasy Wafter: Converted Edition (PSP, Prototype) - 5.733 / New
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS, Nintendo) - 5.443 / 2.024.812
- Naruto Shippuden: Narutimate Storm 3 (PS3, Bandai Namco) - 5.382 / 122.975
- Tousouchuu: Shijou Saikyou no Hunter-Tachi Kara Nigekire! (PSP, Bandai Namco) - 4.914 / 483.005
Hardware sales (previous week's total
- 3DS - 49.763 (76.463)
- PS3 - 12.793 (17.415)
- Vita - 12.331 (22.051)
- Wii U - 7.974 (13.173)
- PSP - 6.360 (8.443)
- Wii - 1.506 (2.238)
- Xbox 360 - 485 (596)
- Total - 91.212 (140.379)