The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD will be available for Wii U in October 2013, Nintendo has confirmed.
[ PS4: News | PS4 Games | All Videos | Gallery | PS4 Price | PS4 Specs | What's in the box ]
[ Xbox One: All news | Xbox One Games | All videos | Games gallery | Price | Release date ]
[ Wii U: All news | Wii U games | All videos ] [ E3 2013: Game trailer & video library ]
The HD remake was shown during the Nintendo Direct E3 stream, in which company president Satoru Iwata provided additional information about the game and detailed new features.
According to the executive, visuals in Wind Waker HD are rendered at 1080p and the game uses "shaders to improve visual expression and texture quality".
Iwata added: "With these visuals Wind Waker looks as if it has been reborn."
The development team is said to have improved the overall tempo of exploration, while one of the new features is an update to the Tingle Tuner, which allowed the GameCube version of the title to connect to GBAs for assisted play.
A new item called 'Tingle Bottle' allows players to interact with the Miiverse community from within the game. Messages can be typed or drawn, put in a bottle and then thrown into the sea. They'll then appear in other players' games.
Here's a batch of new E3 screens:
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD features 1080p visuals that will immerse players in the game like never before
- With the Wii U GamePad controller, it's easy to manage your inventory and view maps
- Players will enjoy cruising the open sea with a new sail that gives them more speed bringing them to their next destination and action-packed adventure that much faster
- Once players receive the "Tingle Bottle" item, they can connect with others by posting comments to Miiverse. Through this new feature, comments or screen shots posted on Miiverse will wash up in various locations, such as the shores, of other players' games. It's like finding a message in a bottle
- Players can also take and store a greater number of pictures as well as higher-quality photos with an improved Pictograph and then post them on Miiverse
- If the television is already in use, this game can been played off-TV on the Wii U