Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D debuted atop the Japanese software chart during the week ended June 16.
One of seven 3DS games to make the top ten - the other three titles were for PS3 - Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D sold over 100,000 copies to top the chart. It came in ahead of Friend Collection: New Life and the week's second-highest new entry, Square Enix RPG Chousoku Henkei Gyrozetter: Albatross no Tsubasa.
On the hardware front, 3DS continued to dominate, shifting more copies than all competing platforms combined, according to Media Create data published on NeoGAF.
- Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (3DS, Nintendo) - 104.569 / New
- Friend Collection: New Life (3DS, Nintendo) - 42.372 / 1.133.246
- Chousoku Henkei Gyrozetter: Albatross no Tsubasa (3DS, Square Enix) - 17.925 / New
- Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS, Nintendo) - 14.949 / 781.660
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS, Nintendo) - 14.693 / 3.278.356
- Resident Evil: Revelations (PS3, Capcom) - 9.759 / 160.120
- Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS, Atlus) - 9.034 / 241.670
- Terraria (PS3, Spike Chunsoft) - 6.608 / 42.549
- Kamen Rider: Battride War (PS3, Namco Bandai) - 6.152 / 172.946
- Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission (3DS, Bandai Namco) - 4.707 / 208.316
- 3DS - 47.135 (39.872)
- PS3 - 10.872 (10.394)
- Vita - 10.664 (9.733)
- Wii U - 5.983 (6.330)
- PSP - 5.651 (5.076)
- Wii - 1.461 (1.060)
- Xbox 360 - 397 (432)
- Total - 82.163 (72.897)