Pikmin 3 sold over 90,000 copies to debut at No.1 on the Japanese software chart during the week ended July 14.
The game helped to drive a notable increase in weekly Wii U sales, which rose from 8,000 to 22,000, according to Media Create data published on NeoGAF. The total is still some way short of the 44,000 3DS units sold last week, but comfortably higher than the sales figures for Vita and PS3.
Elsewhere on the software chart, Youkai Watch from Level 5 entered at No.2, New Super Luigi U at No.5, Dead Island: Riptide at No.8 and Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection at No.10.
Software sales (previous week)
- Pikmin 3 (Wii U, Nintendo) - 92.720 / New
- Youkai Watch (3DS, Level 5) - 53.654 / New
- Earth Defense Force 2025 (PS3, D3 Publisher) - 37.024 / 191.713
- Friend Collection: New Life (3DS, Nintendo) - 26.065 / 1.259.847
- New Super Luigi U (Wii U, Nintendo) - 24.881 / New
- Toukiden (Vita, Koei Tecmo) - 20.853 / 186.963
- Toukiden (PSP, Koei Tecmo) - 19.262 / 118.404
- Dead Island: Riptide (PS3, Spike Chunsoft) - 18.462 / New
- Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection (PS3, Konami) - 17.599 / New
- Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (3DS, Nintendo) - 12.963 / 206.322
Hardware sales (previous week)
- 3DS - 43.435 (44.222)
- Wii U - 22.199 (8.251)
- Vita - 15.662 (20.776)
- PS3 - 12.698 (11.683)
- PSP - 5.830 (5.768)
- Wii - 1.434 (1.334)
- Xbox 360 - 396 (313)
- Total - 101.654 (92.347)