Codemasters has launched new Grid 2 DLC in the form of the Peak Performance Pack.
Featuring six special edition cars available to race across the game's single player and multiplayer modes, the DLC is priced at 400 Microsoft Points on Xbox 360 (£3.43 / €4.80 / $5.00) and £3.19 / $4.99 / €3.99 on PC and PS3.
Each vehicle has been customised with unique paint jobs, body modifications and tuning upgrades to deliver maximum performance and style, with each car competing in Tier 2 competitions as opposed to the stock vehicles which compete in Tier 1.
Full descriptions of the six cars featured in the pack can be found below this trailer showing them off in action on the California coast and the city streets of Miami:
- Dodge Charger RT - Stiffer suspension, wider wheels and aggressive camber improve traction whilst additional power under the bonnet, an extra gear and stripped out weight improve top speed and acceleration
- Ford Mustang Mach 1 Twister Special - Improved aerodynamics reduce drag, bigger brakes reducing braking distances and engine improvements increase acceleration and top speed
- Chevrolet Camaro Z28 RS SS 1970 - A re-mapped engine adds more horsepower and torque, reduced mass and inertias give the car more responsive steering and a lower centre of mass and stiffer suspension improves traction and reduces body roll
- VW Golf R - An engine upgrade boosts acceleration and top speed, a lower roll centre and lower centre of gravity improves traction and its revised differential setup minimises understeer
- BMW E30 M3 - Comes equipped with a racing clutch to reduce shift times whilst it's re-mapped engine and stripped out weight improves top speed and acceleration
- BMW 1 Series M Coupe - With a huge 150kg stripped out, this BMW's stiffer suspension and increased camber improves traction and longer gear ratios increase top speed