Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition retained the top spot on the UK all formats all prices chart for the week ended August 10.
The game came in ahead of FIFA 13 and The Smurfs 2 to hold the No.1 spot for a third consecutive week, representing publisher Microsoft's longest unbroken run at the top of the chart since the release of Forza Motorsport 2 way back in mid-2007.
This week's only new entry was Namco Bandai RPG Tales of Xillia at No.4. It was followed by Animal Crossing: New Leaf, The Last of Us, Black Ops 2, Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes, Tomb Raider and Assassin's Creed 3.
GfK/Chart-Track Top 10
- 01. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)
- 02. FIFA 13 (EA)
- 03. The Smurfs 2 (Ubisoft)
- 04. Tales of Xillia (Namco Bandai)
- 05. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo)
- 06. The Last of Us (Sony)
- 07. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (Activision)
- 08. Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner)
- 09. Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
- 10. Assassin's Creed 3
The XBLA version of Minecraft hit six million sales in late March.
We said in our 9/10 Minecraft: Xbox 360 review: "Whether you're mining, crafting, building, or fighting - either alone, or with friends - there's nothing quite like Minecraft. An accomplished, streamlined port that's a perfect fit for Xbox 360."