The Wonderful 101 has made a poor start in Japan, selling fewer than 5,300 copies to enter the weekly software chart at No.14.
According to Media Create data published on NeoGAF, Wii U had an installed base of 1,055,000 in Japan as of August 25, meaning just 0.5 per cent of console owners picked up a copy of the Wii U exclusive game last week.
It was reported earlier this month that Nintendo had shipped 30,000 copies of The Wonderful 101 to Japan, signalling relatively reserved launch aspirations for the new IP from Platinum Games.
On Monday, the game also debuted at No.22 on the UK all formats all prices chart.
Japanese software sales week ended Aug 25
- Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Masou Kishin III - Pride of Justice (PS3, Bandai Namco) - 39.255 / New
- Disney Magic Castle: My Happy Life (3DS, Bandai Namco) - 20.881 / 227.508
- Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (3DS, Nintendo) - 20.339 / 264.977
- Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Masou Kishin III - Pride of Justice (Vita, Bandai Namco) - 18.929 / New
- Conception II: Shichisei no Michibiki to Mazuru no Akumu (Vita, Spike Chunsoft) - 18.878 / New
- Friend Collection: New Life (3DS, Nintendo) - 15.585 / 1.394.763
- Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (PS3, Capcom) - 14.480 / New
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS, Nintendo) - 8.448 / 3.386.386
- Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS, Nintendo) - 7.639 / 878.384
- Youkai Watch (3DS, Level 5) - 7.084 / 143.796
Hardware sales (previous week)
- 3DS - 51.097 (70.997)
- PS3 - 12.689 (14.331)
- Vita - 11.507 (19.363)
- Wii U - 7.030 (10.038)
- PSP - 5.735 (7.616)
- Wii - 1.103 (1.772)
- Xbox 360 - 196 (322)
- Total - 89.357 (126.448)