Just a few short weeks ago we were wandering around in a hopeless daze looking for games to play, and now there's more than we have time for, not that we're complaining. Video games are coming in thick and fast, and will continue to do so right up until the impending release of the PS4 and Xbox One. It's all hands on deck everywhere else too, just check out what our friends and colleagues have been up to in the list of links below.
- The Last Of Us or Hotline Miami? Xbox One or PS4? Voting is open in the world's biggest gaming awards, the 31st annual Golden Joysticks - have your say now!
- The what, Nintendo? CVG runs the rule over the new, affordable 2DS
- "Like, is this something that's really happening? Is this real life?" GamesRadar gets discombobulated about the Nintendo 2DS.
- Got a Wii U? Know what you need? This definitive list of the best Wii U games, that's what.
Official PlayStation Magazine
- PS4 pre-ordered? Pah. Here's something for the truly hardcore PlayStation fan. The most expensive PlayStation games - PS1, 2 and 3 titles that can cost as much as a PS4.
- Better late than never. Here's OPM's pick of 7 PS Vita lifelines from Gamescom - the things Sony is finally doing right with its handheld.
Official Xbox Magazine
- Bruce Campbell has nothing on OXM's Aoife Wilson. Here's how she killed 1314 zombies in 15 minutes during a Dead Rising 3 hands-on.
- Get to grips with Double Helix's reboot of classic brawler Killer Instinct - great fighting, odd pricing says the OXM hands-on preview.
Official Nintendo Magazine
- Everything you could ever want to know about the brand new Nintendo 2DS: hands-on impressions, release date, price and more.
- Direct from Gamescom in Cologne: OXM gets hands on with Pokemon X and Y for the first time.
- Go to the top of the class, T3! Here's everything you need for going Back to school: thebest laptops, tablets, and tech for the new term.
- Wondering "Which bike should I buy?" Cash burning a hole in your pocket? The best road bikes, electric bikes and folding bikes are all right here.
- Like the normal S4 - but much more satisfying. TechRadar's Samsung Galaxy S4 Active review takes this sporty smartphone to task.
- A new 'affordable' Ultra HD TV blazes into town. Is it worth the still-not-insignificant price tag? This Samsung UE55F9000 review has all the answers (and quite a few stars).
Tesco Tech Support
- Reserved your next-gen console yet? If Microsoft are getting your cash you'll want these exhaustive Xbox One pre-order details.
- Hey, you! Yes, you. That phone in your pocket is well out of date. But there's an easy solution: get bang on trend again by picking one of TTS' 5 phones to watch out for in 2013 and beyond.
- Lovely logos, terrfic typefaces, incredible icons: Total Film picks the 35 Greatest Movie Title Cards.
- Top quality tips from The Way Way Back's sickeningly multi-talented twosome: it's Jim Rash and Nat Faxon's Script Writing Masterclass.