Hideo Kojima has been instructing his lead artist to make some of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain's characters look "more erotic".
In a series of tweets posted on his feed this morning, Kojima announced that he would be revealing the full CG data for Quiet, Metal Gear Solid V's mute female sniper, on Friday to provide cosplayers with her full outfit.
The tweets Kojima posted are as follows:
- "I've been ordering to Yoji to make the character more erotic, and he did it well. Recently I've been making characters this way."
- "I create the setting thoroughly, how he/she spent early life, name, style, favorite phrase, fashion, action to stand the character out."
- "The initial target is to make u want to do cosplay or its figurine to sell well."
- "Dear all Cosplayers. Will be disclosing 1 of the characters in MGSV, Quiet's CG data (inclu detail of her back) this Fri midnit (PST)."
- "Quiet's CG data this Fri midnit (PST) at Kojima Productions portal. Pls refer to that for those planning to cosplay for Quiet at TGS."
- "In fact, I was asked by one of the cosplayers. She asked the detail of Quiet as E3 trailer didn't reveal the detail."
- "Since I cannot reveal confidential info to individual, I decided to official announce."
- "The character I asked Yoji to make it more erotic, this one may not be cosplayable."
- "What if no one would do Quiet cosplay at TGS even though giving the info...lol"
In a recent interview, Yoji Shinkawa discussed the game's new characters.
Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain will be darker in tone than other titles in the series, exploring themes like race and revenge. A pre-E3 conference revealed that Kiefer Sutherland is now voicing Snake, rather than the character's previous actor, David Hayter.