Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Killzone: Mercenary, Puppeteer and Dead or Alive 5: Ultimate were the big new releases in Japan for the week of September 2 to September 8.
Although Ubisoft's Splinter Cell managed to make it to No.2 on the chart, it was Broccoli's Uta no Prince-Sama: Music 2 that ultimately took the top spot.
The PlayStation 3 version of Dead or Alive 5: Ultimate, meanwhile, made it to No.4 on the chart (Xbox 360 at No.18) while Killzone: Mercenary came in at No.8 and Puppeteer at No.12. On the hardware chart, the 3DS continued its dominance by selling a total of 79.191 units, up from 67.022 the previous week.
Here's the full breakdown of the latest Japanese chart according to Media Create data published on NeoGAF.
- Uta no Prince-Sama: Music 2 (PSP) - 68.415
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist (PS3) 22.425
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle (PS3) 19.720 (445.437)
- Dead or Alive 5: Ultimate (PS3) 18.608
- Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Real Reborn (PS3) 12.336 (196.354)
- Friend Collection: New Life (3DS) 11.814 (1.420.996)
- Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (3DS) 11.466 (293.166)
- Killzone: Mercenary (PS Vita) 11.053
- Disney Magic Castle: My Happy Life (3DS) 10.740 (255.309)
- Youkai Watch (3DS) 9.539 (164.230)
- 3DS - 79.191 (67.022)
- PS3 - 13.790 (20.090)
- PS Vita - 7.314 (8.405)
- Wii U - 5.702 (6.741)
- PSP - 5.493 (6.218)
- Wii - 978 (1.141)
- Xbox 360 - 201 (177)