Square Enix has released the first trailer for Nosgoth, a free-to-play multiplayer game set in the Legacy of Kain universe.
Described as a competitive, team-based human versus vampire multiplayer game, Nosgoth pits two factions against each other in battle, where players must use "each race's unique fighting style to conquer and crush the opposition in a war for supremacy and for survival."
- HUMANS -- Arm yourself for the hunt with an arsenal of devastating ranged weaponry and specialized equipment.
- VAMPIRES -- Unleash your inhuman force with savage close-combat melee attacks and supernatural abilities
- Fight as Humans and Vampires in brutal team-based multiplayer battles.
- Experience intense, fast-paced and savage melee vs. ranged gameplay.
- Discover a previously unexplored era in the dark fantasy world of Legacy of Kain.
- Play for free in a live game with continuous and frequent updates.
In May 2012, it was rumoured that Crystal Dynamics was working on a reboot of Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver.
In the same month, Crystal Dynamics indicated that it was in fact planning to launch a new IP following the release of Tomb Raider. Executive producer Scott Amos later confirmed that the studio was starting "with a blank page" for its next project.