Monster Hunter 4 retained the top spot on the Japanese software chart during the week ended September 24.
The 3DS exclusive shifted 473,739 copies in its second week of availability, taking lifetime sales north of 2.1 million units.
Unsurprisingly 3DS remained the clear pace setter on the hardware front, selling more than five times as many units as all rival systems combined. According to Media Create data published on NeoGAF, lifetime 3DS sales (12,752,731) have now surpassed those of Wii (12,698,878), but Nintendo's handheld remains some way behind Sony's elderly PSP (19,997,659), which is on the verge of hitting its own new milestone.
Weekly software sales / lifetime
- Monster Hunter 4 (3DS, Capcom) - 473.739 / 2.188.799
- Yahari Game Demo Ore no Seishun Love-Kome Hamachi Gatteiru (Vita, 5pb.) - 16.469 / New
- Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Real Reborn (PS3, Square Enix) - 10.648 / 209.291
- Friend Collection: New Life (3DS, Nintendo) - 9.724 / 1.441.250
- Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (3DS, Nintendo) - 8.645 / 311.239
- Disney Magic Castle: My Happy Life (3DS, Bandai Namco) - 7.853 / 271.984
- Nobunaga's Ambition (3DS, Koei Tecmo) 7.587 / New
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS, Nintendo) - 7.483 / 3.417.572
- Youkai Watch (3DS, Level 5) - 7.226 / 179.247
- La Corda d'Oro 3: Full Voice Special (PSP, Koei Tecmo) - 7.062 / New
Weekly hardware sales (previous week)
- 3DS - 159.388 (276.792)
- PS3 - 10.749 (12.146)
- Wii U - 5.824 (5.003)
- Vita - 5.155 (6.020)
- PSP - 5.082 (5.449)
- Wii - 965 (962)
- Xbox 360 - 610 (224)
- Total - 187.773 (306.616)