It's the biggest game on the planet. You've already ploughed one hundred hours into it. And yet
Grand Theft Auto 5 is so incredibly, insanely detailed, there's a good chance you've missed something.
We're not talking tips or secrets. Well, not extra-terrestrial-shaped secrets, anyway. We're talking about amazing, throwaway additions that it would have probably been easier
not to include, but Rockstar included them anyway. We're talking visual beauty, hidden opportunities, and things the manual doesn't tell you you can do.
Seen some of your own that we haven't mentioned here? Stick them in the comments for everyone to enjoy. Otherwise, use the gallery below as a handy ticklist...
1. While in a vehicle, you can press B to trigger the cinematic camera. From there, click the right stick in. Then angle the right stick down. This enables super slow motion.
2. Lay a trail of petrol and you can ignite it with the exhaust of a car.
3. You can rev your engine at stoplights to challenge people to races.
4. You can press B to take a pratfall when in the air.
5. Your sat nav doesn't work in long tunnels.
6. If you attack Michael’s house with an RPG, he’ll text you and tell you to stop firing rockets at it.
7. If you walk past gang members as Franklin they will recognise him and say hello.
8. If you take photos of people they’re liable to punch you.
9. As Michael, you can press the D-pad near his gardener to learn his name.
10. If you purchased the limited edition of the game, you will hear lines to the effect of “You’re my favourite customer” from cashiers at Ammunation stores. This is due to your special discount.
11. You, as Trevor, will be attacked by The Lost and Damned biker gang whenever they see him. Wonder why…
12. You can find a district called Hawick in N/E Los Santos. This is a reference to the Scottish town of the same name.
13. While in an expensive/ridiculous vehicle, people will take photos of you.
14. You can visit a hobo city under the main Los Santos bridge, complete with sofas and tents.
15. When walking through a muddy coastline, you’ll sink in farther than on sand or dirt, and leave muddy footprints.
16. If you injure a member of Michael’s family, they’ll later text you an angry message from the hospital. Amanda, for instance, tells you that you’re paying for her hospital bill.
17. You can customise your parachute at Ammunation stores.
18. In a nod to GTA: San Andreas, you can spy Madd Dog and OG Loc posters in Franklin’s house.
19. You can hear each character’s own lines for when they run over deer. For example, Michael says, “They need to be culled!”
20. Your vehicles are extra shiny after a car wash.
21. Your clothes get wet depending on where the water touched.
22. You can shoot through multiple people with a sniper rifle.
23. While driving a boat or swimming you’ll create froth and foam on water.
24. Your vehicles spray sand and dirt from their tyres as you go off-road.
25. On most occasions you won’t see any loading between cutscene and gameplay.
26. You can approach a ladder at any angle - even from behind - to climb it.
27. You can share music tracks you hear on the radio with friends on Rockstar Social Club.
28. You can switch between a car’s high beams and low beams by pressing right on the D-pad.
29. You can see people stoop and run for cover when it rains.
30. You can press the D-pad right while unarmed to say something to pedestrians.
31. You’ll automatically strap a helmet on if you stay stationary for a moment while on a bike.
32. As Trevor, your can walk around to the front of his trailer and huff gas. This makes him high, and he’ll wake up in a random location.
33. You can select from a variety of sex acts with Ladies o' the Night. Y'know. If you want.
34. Your controller vibrates when you go over grooves, grates and potholes in roads.
35. While in a vehicle, you can find a secret camera angle of your character behind the wheel. First, enable first-person view by pressing the back button a few times. Then click the right stick in.
36. You can pull off melee weapon-specific assassinations with the crowbar, nightstick, baseball bat, golf club, hammer (an exclusive to buyers of the Special Edition) and knife.
37. If you fail a mission, your fail message is contextual.
38. You can press the D-pad right while stationary in a convertible to open the roof.
39. When you head to Muscle Beach you can spot actual muscles on the gym bunnies – Rockstar created special character models just for them.
40. You can see power lines swaying in the breeze.
41. You can punch out glass in bus shelters, and even pratfall through it.
42. You can walk into 7/11 stores, buy candy bars from them, and even hold up the cashier by pointing a gun at them.
43. If you fall in river rapids, they’ll carry you off.
44. There is an orange stand near Trevor’s trailer in Blain County. You can shoot the big ball above it to send it rolling down the hill.
45. You can hop in a bulldozer, found at most Los Santos construction sites, and operate its digger.
46. You can cook a grenade too long and kill yourself.
47. Your bullet and stab wounds show up on skin and through clothes.
48. You can shoot out street lamps and traffic lights.
49. If you ride a bike into any Ammunation, the owner shoots you.
50. Your dog Chop will actually 'you know what' in front of you.