Infinity Ward has provided an overview of Call of Duty: Ghosts' new perks system.
Designed to enable players to customise there soldiers and weapons, there are 35 perks available in total. Each is weighted with a point value of 1-5 and players have a pool of 8-12 points to spend on perks depending on their loadout.
Perks are unlocked in one of two ways. Users can play the game until they reach the required unlock level or gain early access to perks by spending squad points. Here's an overview of the perk categories available, courtesy of the official Call of Duty website.
Outrun and outmaneuver enemy players. Speed Perks are all about getting the lead and staying ahead. Examples include:
- Sleight of Hand: Faster reloading.
- Stalker: Move faster while aiming.
Dexterity and control drives the Handling Perks, improving actions and accuracy. Examples include:
- On the Go: Reload while sprinting.
- Steady Aim: Increased hip fire accuracy.
Stealth Perks aid you in staying out of sight, maintaining a low profile and engaging on your terms. Examples include:
- Takedown: Kill enemies without revealing their death locations.
- Incog: Resistant to targeting systems including: Recon, Thermal Scope, Tracker Sight and Motion Sensor. No name or red crosshairs when targeted.
Keep in tune with your surroundings. Awareness Perks help you survey the environment and detect enemy players. Examples include:
- SitRep: Detect enemy explosives and tactical equipment.
- Wiretap: Utilize all active enemy and friendly SAT COMs on the field.
A hardened endurance reduces the effects of fatigue. Resistance Perks keep you going through tough engagements. Examples include:
- Focus: Reduced weapon sway when aiming down sights and reduced flinch when hit.
- Blast Shield: Increased resistance to explosive damage.
Tacticians swear by their gear, and Equipment Perks ensure you have the best tools on hand. Examples include:
- Extra Tactical: Additional Tactical equipment.
- Extra Attachment: Extra attachment for your weapons.
Elite Perks offer special abilities that affect your loadouts in a variety of ways. Examples include:
- Gambler: Spawn with a random Perk.
- Ping: Activate a sonar ping upon killing an enemy, revealing nearby hostiles.
The Call of Duty Ghosts release date is next Tuesday, November 5.