Call of Duty: Ghosts has debuted at No.1 on the UK all formats all prices chart for the week ended November 9.
The game recorded the third biggest launch week sales of the year behind GTA 5 and FIFA 14, according to retail monitor Chart-Track. The Xbox 360 version of CoD Ghosts accounted for 62 per cent of sales, the PS3 edition for 34 per cent, the PS4 version for three per cent, and the PC and Wii U editions for the remainder.
Battlefield 4 was a non-mover at No.2, followed by Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, FIFA 14 and GTA 5.
Batman: Arkham Origins, WWE 2K14, Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition, Football Manager 2014 and Skylanders Swap Force rounded off the top ten, while 3DS exclusive Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy debuted at No.13.
GfK/Chart-Track Top 10 (previous week)
- 01. Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision)
- 02. Battlefield 4 (EA)
- 03. Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag (Ubisoft)
- 04. FIFA 14 (EA)
- 05. Grand Theft Auto 5 (Rockstar)
- 06. Batman: Arkham Origins: (Warner Bros.)
- 07. WWE 2K14 (2K Sports)
- 08. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)
- 09. Football Manager 2014: (Sega)
- 10. Skylanders: Swap Force (Activision)
In CVG's Call of Duty Ghosts review critic Nick Cowen calls Activision's latest series instalment "fun and familiar". We collated current-gen and PS4 verdicts from across the games press in our Call of Duty Ghosts review round-up.