A new Steam update allows users to download software during gameplay.
Users now have the option to download and play games concurrently, meaning downloads won't be paused when accessing games using the client.
The new update will allow users to turn background downloading off too, if they wish.
Meanwhile, the update introduces the ability to choose what time of day automatic updates will occur.
The full update notes are below:
- Add ability to limit what time of day Steam is allowed to automatically update apps
- Add option to let other games download while a game is running (this is a per-game setting)
- Add download regions for Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, and Ottawa in Canada
- Add 'Copy all text to clipboard' context menu option in the System Information dialog.
Steam client UI
- Improve downloading status text at the bottom of the main window
- Added ability to opt into game betas and edit launch options
- Added Inbox item under Linux if your machine requires a reboot due to OS level updates
- Fix infinite loop of Cloud sync error dialogs on game launch
- Fixed mouse cursor being visible during startup animation even if it hadn't moved
- Fix paste pasting stale text.
- Fix Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V in client-hosted web page text controls.
- Fix incorrect foregrounding of a blank window in some -silent startup cases.