Vita shot to the top of the hardware sales rankings in Japan during the week ended November 17.
Weekly sales of the handheld more than quadrupled, driven by the release of popular new software and Vita TV, which accounted for around half of all Vita sales, according to Media Create data republished on NeoGAF.
The Vita version on Namco's God Eater 2 stormed the software chart with 265,000 sales. The PS3 subtitled edition of Call of Duty Ghosts debuted at No.2 with 190,000 sales, while the PS3 version of PES 2014 entered at No.3 with 150,000 sales.
Weekly software sales / lifetime
- God Eater 2 (Vita, Bandai Namco) - 266.326 / New
- Call of Duty: Ghosts Subtitled Edition (PS3, Square Enix) - 190.631 / New
- World Soccer Winning Eleven 2014 (PS3, Konami) - 151.800 / New
- God Eater 2 (PSP, Bandai Namco) - 112.024 / New
- Pokemon X & Y (3DS, Pokemon Co.) - 82.705 / 2.929.806
- Daigasso! Band Brothers P (3DS, Nintendo) - 40.196 / New
- Monster Hunter 4 (3DS, Capcom) - 26.358 / 2.938.669
- Medarot Dual: Kabuto Ver. / Kuwagata Ver. (3DS, Rocket Company) - 21.454 / New
- Grand Theft Auto 5 (PS3, Take-Two) - 20.144 / 579.822
- Battlefield 4 (PS3, EA) - 19.291 / 140.990
Weekly hardware sales (previous week)
- Vita - 88.522 (21.764)
- 3DS - 70.102 (81.817)
- Wii U - 15.906 (17.737)
- PS3 - 12.019 (11.867)
- PSP - 4.353 (4.010)
- Wii - 518 (579)
- Xbox 360 - 404 (346)
- Total - 149.652 (138.120)
Vita TV enables users to play Vita, PSP and PSone games on a television screen using a DualShock 3 controller. Other Vita entertainment offerings such as movies, eBooks and PlayStation Plus are also accessible on TV, while PS4 will be playable via Remote Play. Western release plans for Vita TV have yet to be confirmed.