Infinity Ward has released a new Call of Duty: Ghosts patch for the PC which sees the return of nVidia powered smoke and realistic fur effects.
The title updates provide a variety of performance and stability improvements, as well as general fixes and support for nVidia's PhysX and Apex technologies.
With the PC version now supporting nVidia's PhysX and Apex technologies, players will see a return of nVidia powered smoke and realistic fur effects. All canines in the game will now have fur that reacts dynamically to the environment.
Reports on DSOGAming suggest that the new fur technology can be enabled by players using AMD graphics cards, however the PhysX features which add realistic and dynamic particle effects are exclusive to nVidia GPUs.
Infinity Ward released Call of Duty: Ghosts patches for the PS3 and XBox 360 versions last week, following the release of a PS4 and PC patch.
The full patch notes for the latest PC update can be read below:
Title Update: PC
- Improved framerate performance when traversing moving platforms.
- Improved latency for AMD graphics cards.
- Improved performance issues caused by spamming.
- Improved shader warming and level load performance.
- Fixed crash in CODeSports play.
- Fixed spawn crash for specific maps/modes.
- Improved usability of broadcaster HUD.
- Additional animations added for broadcaster mode.
- Improved steam friends functionality.
- Fixed smoke flickering and graphical corruption within blurred area of dual render scope.
- Re-enabled fur and smoke DLLs from nVidia.
- Additional Fixes
- Fixed a variety of map specific spawn issues .
- Fixed lobby migration closing the create a class screen.
- Fixed not showing attachments and weapon camo for players while in private match lobby.
- Fixed dog's extended kill not showing properly in final killcam.
- Fixed loadouts appearing restricted if a restricted perk was selected in specialist strike package even though specialist wasn't equipped.
- Fixed split screen UI issue that could potentially leave player in a bad state.
- Fixed issue when selecting store from squads.
- Fix to remember spectator team when switching to freecam in broadcaster mode.
- Fixed issue with loading into specific maps with ghost mask equipped.