Assassin's Creed 4 was among the new releases to make the top ten on the Japanese software chart during the week ended December 1.
The PS3 version of Ubisoft's open-world adventure game sold 35,000 copies to debut at No.6, according to Media Create data republished on NeoGAF.
The highest new entry was new No.1 Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai 2 for 3DS, while Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends for PS3 debuted at No.5.
On the hardware front, weekly Wii U sales rose from 21,000 to 28,500, enough for the system to jump ahead of Vita and ensure Nintendo platforms took the top two spots.
Weekly software sales / lifetime
- Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai 2 (3DS, Sega) - 88.708 / New
- Pokemon X & Y (3DS, Pokemon Co.) - 86.391 / 3.089.129
- Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3, Square Enix) - 60.073 / 337.155
- Super Mario 3D World (Wii U, Nintendo) - 39.812 / 139.400
- Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends (PS3, Koei Tecmo) - 35.472 / New
- Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag (PS3, Ubisoft) - 35.348 / New
- World Soccer Winning Eleven 2014 (PS3, Konami) - 25.166 / 212.844
- One Piece: Unlimited World Red (3DS, Namco Games) - 24.623 / 108.228
- Super Robot Wars OG: Infinite Battle (PS3, Bandai Namco) - 22.833 / New
- Monster Hunter 4 (3DS, Capcom) - 21.969 / 2.981.758
Weekly hardware sales (previous week)
- 3DS - 108.373 (84.506)
- Wii U - 28.518 (21.002)
- Vita - 25.593 (28.912)
- PS3 - 13.311 (12.436)
- PSP - 4.232 (3.546)
- Wii - 588 (457)
- Xbox 360 - 309 (342)
- Total - 180.924 (151.201)