Gran Turismo 6 sold just over a fifth of the number of copies Gran Turismo 5 managed during its UK launch week back in November 2010.
Retail monitor Chart Track said on Monday that Sony's PS3 exclusive racer debuted at No.8 on the UK all formats all prices chart during the week ended December 7.
Call of Duty: Ghosts retained the top spot on the chart, followed by FIFA 14, Battlefield 4, Assassin's Creed 4 and Grand Theft Auto 5.
Lego Marvel Superheroes was a non-mover at No.6, Just Dance 2014 was up two places to No.7, Killzone Shadow Fall fell five positions to No.9, while Batman Arkham Origins retained the No.10 spot.
GfK/Chart-Track Top 10 (previous week)
- 01. Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision)
- 02. FIFA 14 (EA)
- 03. Battlefield 4 (EA)
- 04. Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag (Ubisoft)
- 05. Grand Theft Auto 5 (Rockstar)
- 06. Lego Marvel Super Heroes (Warner)
- 07. Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft)
- 08. Gran Turismo 6 (Sony)
- 09. Killzone Shadow Fall (Sony)
- 10. Batman: Arkham Origins (Warner)