Zen Pinball 2 will be released for PS4 a week later than previously expected in US, Zen Studios has confirmed, along with details on its content transfer system.
Originally due for release Stateside Tuesday, the game will now arrive in the region on December 24. The EU release date remains unchanged from tomorrow, December 18.
If you own Zen Pinball 2 for PS3 or Vita, you'll be able to transfer any tables purchased in those games to the PS4 version at no additional cost. But the process is not as clear-cut as you might expect.
Marvel and Star Wars Pinball on PS3 can't be imported directly, and there are no PS4-to-PS3 transfers. Developer Zen Studios has released a brief tutorial on the full import process and its restrictions:
- The tables can only import from Zen Pinball 2 > Zen Pinball 2. You cannot import from Marvel Pinball or Star Wars Pinball on PS3 > Zen Pinball 2 on PS4. You CAN import from Marvel or Star Wars Pinball on PS3 > Zen Pinball 2 on PS3 and then > PS4.
- There is no going backwards from PS4 > PS3. If you want to play the tables on PS3 in the future, we suggest you buy them on PS3 first and then import to PS4.
- For those of you who downloaded any of the applicable tables via PS+, you can import to PS4 just the same. However, if your PS+ account expires, you will lose access to the content.
- Press the square button (Import Tables) on the collection screen to start the import process
- Please wait while the game is searching for tables available for import
- If there are tables available to import, the store will offer the next batch of content it has found. Press the x button (Enter) on each offered content's download icon to add them to downloads, then press the circle button (Back) to return to the collection screen, and if there are still tables to import, the store will offer them in the next batch. Repeat this process until all content is added to the download queue.
- Alternatively, if you want to import just a specific table, you can go to the table's menu, wait a few seconds while the game checks for availability and press the "Download and play!" button when it appears. As the store comes up, press the x button (Enter) on each offered content's download icon to add them to downloads, and press the circle button (Back) to return to the game.
- Wait until all downloads finish (you can check their progress in the PS4 user interface under Notifications/Downloads), and there you go! You can play your imported tables straight away.