FIFA 14 held the No.1 spot on the UK all formats all prices chart during the week ended January 18.
The game has taken the weekly top spot on eight occasions since release, including the past five weeks, during which Call of Duty Ghosts has had to settle for the No.2 position.
Battlefield 4 and Assassin's Creed 4 were non-movers, while Lego Marvel Super Heroes climbed one place to no.5, according to retail monitor Chart-Track.
Killzone Shadow Fall rose two spots to No.6, followed by Need for Speed: Rivals, Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition, Grand Theft Auto V and Aliens: Colonial Marines.
3DS exclusive Mario Party: Island Tour was the first top 40 new entry of the year, debuting at No.18.
GfK/Chart-Track Top 10 (previous week)
- 01. FIFA 14 (EA)
- 02. Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision)
- 03. Battlefield 4 (EA)
- 04. Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag (Ubisoft)
- 05. Lego Marvel Super Heroes (Warner)
- 06. Killzone Shadow Fall (Sony)
- 07. Need for Speed Rivals (EA)
- 08. Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)
- 09. Grand Theft Auto 5 (Rockstar)
- 10. Aliens: Colonial Marines (Sega)