Rust developer Facepunch Studios has detailed the latest update for its open-world survival game.
Most notable among the changes is the removal of zombies, which the studio has said in the past were never intended to be a permanent fixture. Improvements have also been made to models for wood and stone, along with numerous bug fixes.
Take a look at the full list of changes below:
Zombies Were Removed
- Yep. We did it. We decided we couldn't hold off any longer. The longer we keep zombies in - the more complaints we'd get about removing them. We are forcing ourselves to deal with it. We are no longer a zombie survival game! They've been replaced with red bears and wolves. You hate them. We know. They're just plugging a gap for now. All will be revvvealed.
Wildlife Was Improved,/h3>
- No longer exploitable by walking backwards
- Fears hostile wildlife
- Reacts to gunshots
- Hostile wildlife retreats if it cannot find a path to you
- Wildlife should not jump up and switch to random angles anymore
- Removed white wolf
- Resource Objects Were Improved
Added new models for wood & stone resources
- Wood & stone resources change model to indicate their quantity
- Added another stone resource - contains mostly stone
- Fixed bugs with the level (such as rocks intersecting buildings)
- The 'oil tank' area has been modified with cover
- Workbenches make you craft faster when standing next to them
- Added new player animations
- Improved melee attack animations
- Added locked backpacks and lockpicks test ( off by default )
- When you die your backpack is locked for everyone else but you for a time
- Someone else can use a lockpick tool to bypass this time
- Lockpick tools are a default blueprint
- You can't use lockpicks on doors
- Te amount of time the backpack is locked for is per-server and can be set with the command player.backpackLockTime seconds
can be turned off by setting player.backpackLockTime to 0
- Fotstep sounds will never play the same sound as the one previously played
- Gass textures have been improved
- There are a small number of areas with what seems like invisible walls
- There are one or two rocks without collision
- There used to be about 200 wolves in one area of the map, we fixed it, though.