Electronic Arts has issued a new patch for the PC edition of Battlefield 4.
The patch notes, published in full below, suggest the new download provides general stability improvements as well as tweaks to the gameplay.
Battlefield 4 has been plagued with connection issues across all platforms since its release in October. Publisher EA has taken the brunt of criticisms for launching a game that was, for many users, effectively unplayable at the time of release.
In January, EA Games label boss Patrick Söderlund told investors that the challenges DICE and EA faced with Battlefield 4 were somewhat unique, and a result of launching a game on a massive scale.
"When Battlefield 4 launched, it was a very complex game, launching on two entirely new console platforms, as well as current-gen and PC," he said.
"We were pushing innovation heavily and we're delivering 60 frames per second gameplay for 64 players plus the ability to connect via mobile tablet as a commander into the product, coupled those with some very innovative features in the gameplay side.
"Based on our pre-launch testing, our beta performance, we were confident the game was ready when it was launched. Shortly after launch, however, we began hearing about problems from our player community, and the development team quickly began to address the situation.
"So what have we done since we encountered the problems is we were fortunate to have an architecture in place that allows us to adjust and update the game rapidly, and that's actually what we've done."
The publisher's second-in-command, Peter Moore, has insisted the quality issues have not affected sales.
Battlefield 4 PC patch notes
Feb 13 PC Game Update Notes
- General stability improvements
- Fix for an issue where spawning into, or switching to, a gunner seat in an IFV/MBT sometimes could cause the game to crash
- Fix for missing sound in Team/Squad Deathmatch
- Fix for an issue in the Defuse game mode, where a bomb carrier would be permanently spotted
- Decreased the rate at which the kill card would incorrectly display 0 health, while the enemy was clearly alive
- Fix for an invisible wall that was incorrectly present in one of the fallen concrete pipes on Zavod 311
- Fix for an issue where bullet impact sounds weren't properly matching the actual number of impacts
- Fix for an issue where the "Draw" message would not display on-screen once a Conquest round ended with both teams having the same amount of tickets
- Fix for an issue where long IDs wouldn't scroll on dog tags
- Fix for missing grass physics in terrain
- Fix for a crash that would occur when activating full screen in portrait mode
- Fix for stuttering that could appear during video sequences on multi-GPU PCs
- Fix for a memory system leak that could cause stalls, which would result in frames taking longer to process
- Reduced the amount of stalls that occurred when running with high graphics setting that require more GPU memory than is currently available
- Fixed screenshots on multi-GPU PCs