Knack, which comes bundled with PS4 in Japan, topped the nation's software chart during the week ended February 23.
Sony sold almost 310,000 PS4 consoles, according to data from retailer monitor Media Create, which was republished on NeoGAF. The estimate is down from the 322,000 PS4 sales Famitsu reported earlier this week.
Elsewhere on the hardware front, lifetime Wii U sales (1.643.095) surpassed those of Xbox 360 (1.641.528).
Yakuza Ishin was the best selling next-gen game not bundled with PS4, followed by Killzone: Shadow Fall and Battlefield 4.
PS4 versions of Dynasty Warriors 8, Assassin's Creed 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, FIFA 14 and Need for Speed: Rivals all made the top 20.
Weekly software sales / lifetime
- Knack (PS4, Sony) - 309.304 / New
- Yakuza Ishin (PS3, Sega) - 138.158 / New
- Yakuza Ishin (PS4, Sega) - 82.540 / New
- Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru to Ruka no Fushigi na Fushigi na Kagi (3DS, Square Enix) - 72.350 / 634.433
- Kuroko's Basketball: Miracle Victory (3DS, Bandai Namco) - 45.681 / New
- Yo-kai Watch (3DS, Level 5) - 35.125 / 458.961
- Killzone: Shadow Fall (PS4, Sony) - 32.336 / New
- Battlefield 4 (PS4, Electronic Arts) - 24.799 / New
- Kirby Triple Deluxe (3DS, Nintendo) - 17.665 / 457.796
- Puzzle & Dragons Z (3DS, GungHo Online Entertainment) - 15.092 / 1.374.333
Weekly hardware sales (previous week)
- PS4 - 309.154
- 3DS - 32.151 (39.716)
- Vita - 18.240 (18.348)
- PS3 - 9.983 (10.226)
- Wii U - 8.407 (8.782)
- PSP - 3.171 (2.944)
- Xbox 360 - 241 (256)
- Total - 381.347 (80.272)