Activision will today release the first Call of Duty: Ghosts DLC pack, titled Onslaught, on PS3, PS4 and PC.
Featuring four new competitive multiplayer maps and a fresh Extinction level (detailed below), plus a new weapon in the form of the Maverick dual-purpose assault/sniper rifle, the £11.59/$14.99 add-on pack first released on Xbox 360 and Xbox One on January 28.
Infinity Ward plans to release a total of four Call of Duty Ghosts DLC packs. They will be available standalone or can be pre-purchased at a discounted rate when bought as part of a DLC season pass. All Ghosts DLC will release first on Xbox.
Official map pack info
- Fog is a small to medium sized map set alongside the banks of a murky lake. Every area within Fog is a chilling homage to classic horror films, from an eerie campsite, flickering TVs, torture chamber and seemingly abandoned structures as players try to unlock the map's dark secret. If a player happens to find and complete a specific Field Order, they become the embodiment of evil and don the persona of one of cinema's most iconic horror characters, Michael Myers. Additionally, the entire soundscape changes to the eerily familiar Halloween Theme music so other players know to run for their lives.
- BayView is a close-quarters map set on a coastal Californian boardwalk packed with seaside gift stores and an aquarium, offering players fast-paced run-and-gun matches. Players must also be wary of the deadly artillery strike enemies can call-in from a Naval Destroyer anchored just offshore.
- Containment transports players to a war-torn Mexican village, where the battle rages along both banks of the dried out riverbed. The action in this compact map centres on the remains of a small bridge holding a hi-jacked truck filled with leaking radioactive material. Surrounded by a myriad of abandoned bars, cafes, a church and a pool hall, Containment also features elevated rooftop vantage points for players who prefer longer-range engagements.
- Ignition launches players into an aging Florida space launch facility. Inspired by Scrapyard - the fan-favourite multiplayer map from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, reimagined with dynamic gameplay elements - Ignition packs plenty of action both above and below ground amongst abandoned warehouses, flame trenches and a massive transport crawler. As if rockets crash-landing into the map weren't enough, the close-quarters combat is further complicated via two separate rocket test engines sites that opposing forces can trigger, sending massive fireballs into the already intense firefights and the failed launch of a massive rocket has a dramatic effect on the combat.
- Extinction Episode 1: Nightfall introduces a narrative driven by two new characters and featuring two all-new alien species and an exclusive weapon. Nightfall is a fast and frenetic, action-packed continuation of the original Extinction experience in Call of Duty: Ghosts. Set in a remote facility hidden deep within the Alaskan wilderness, the shadowy Nightfall Program has been researching the origins of the newly revealed alien threat. A small recon team of elite soldiers must infiltrate the site to retrieve intel and exterminate the hordes of savage creatures and along the way uncover a three-story tall terror unlike anything they've faced before.