PlayStation 4 led Japanese hardware sales once again during the week ended March 2, though sales eroded significantly from its first week.
The drop from 310,000 units sold in a week to 65,000, according to data from retailer monitor Media Create republished on NeoGAF, may reflect supply constraints for Sony's new console. Knack, which is bundled with the system in Japan and topped the software sales charts last week, similarly dropped to 65,000.
The latest 3DS Harvest Moon game, titled Connect to a New World, claimed the top software sales slot with more than 130,000 copies sold in its first week. 3DS games accounted for six out of ten of the week's top-selling items.
Yakuza Ishin was once again the best-selling PS4 game not bundled with the system, though its 54,000 units moved were also down significantly from the 138,000 sold last week.
Weekly software sales / lifetime
- Harvest Moon: Connect to a New World (3DS, Marvelous AQL) - 130.782 / New
- Knack (PS4, Sony) - 66.772 / 376.076
- Fossil Fighters: Infinite Gear (3DS, Nintendo) - 58.329 / New
- Yakuza: Ishin (PS3, Sega) - 54.148 / 192.305
- Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru to Ruka no Fushigi na Fushigi na Kagi (3DS, Square Enix) - 53.276 / 687.709
- Yo-kai Watch (3DS, Level 5) - 37.493 / 496.455
- Kagero: Darkside Princess (3DS, Koei Tecmo) - 23.254 / New
- Yakuza: Ishin! (PS4, Sega) - 22.466 / 105.006
- Kagero: Darkside Princess (PSV, Koei Tecmo) - 19.322 / New
- Kirby Triple Deluxe (3DS, Nintendo) 17.706 / 475.502
Weekly hardware sales (previous week)
- PS4 - 65.685 (309.154)
- 3DS - 38.013 (32.151)
- PSV - 23.124 (18.240)
- PS3 - 13.155 (9.983)
- Wii U - 8.204 (8.407)
- PSP - 3.652 (3.171)
- Xbox 360 - 257 (241)
- Total - 152.090 (381.347)